Trails at The Rocks- CLOSED
Changes are coming to The Rocks!
Forest Society North is a multi-year restoration and renovation project that started in 2020 and that we hope to complete by the summer of 2023. Click here for details on the project, or to make a contribution.
From Monday, July 19 to mid-September 2021 the trails and the core property will be closed to the public to accommodate construction of a new parking lot and underground utilities.
We encourage you to visit other nearby Forest Society reservations, including Bretzfelder Park. See the full Forest Society forest reservation guide here.
We will be open for Christmas tree and wreath sales during the holiday season at the Carriage Barn.
Christmas Tree Trail - .8 miles/Easy *The trail is closed on weekdays from April 1 through November 20 to ensure our staff can care for the Christmas trees in the field.*
The Christmas Tree Trail leads visitors through The Rocks Christmas tree plantation, with 15 numbered stops noting information about the property's past and present. The trail leads past wetland habitat, rows of Christmas trees, and artfully crafted stone walls, with panoramic views of the White Mountains along the way.
- Christmas Tree Trail Map (2.26 MB PDF)
Michael A. Gozzo Trail - 4.6 miles/Varied
This varied trail is named for the late Michael A. Gozzo, who loved hiking and the White Mountains. The trail meanders through The Rocks, crossing managed woodland and overgrown apple orchards, and skirting beaver ponds and wetland habitat.
Hikers may explore this trail as one long loop or by selecting one or more of the various spurs:
- 1.8-mile/ Moderate - Gozzo Rocks Loop begins and ends at The Rocks and includes the Beaver Pond Loop.
- .67-mile (one-way)/Difficult - Gozzo Trail to South Road - This spur of the trail leads steeply from the beaver pond to South Road.
- 1.5-mile/Moderate - Gozzo South Road Loop begins and ends at the South Road parking area.
- Michael A. Gozzo Trail Map (51 KB PDF)