How to Become a Land Steward
*** We are no longer taking applications for 2020 - Please contact the Land Steward Program Coordinator for info about the 2021 training ***
New Land Stewards must complete the one-time Land Steward Training, which will is held each year in the spring.
The next Land Steward Training is scheduled for Friday April 3rd to Saturday April 4th, 2020.
This is a two-day, in-residence training where new stewards stay, eat, and learn together- AND have a lot of fun while they're at it! Topics covered in the training include Forest Society organizational overview, forest management and timber harvesting, trail maintenance, map & survey reading and compass navigation, community engagement, and recreation management. Learn more about Land Steward Program responsibilities and qualifications.
We are looking for volunteers in these areas:
(This list was last updated 2/28/2020)
- Deering - Dudley Pond Forest
- Deering - John & Anna King Forest
- Deering - Hunter Preserve (Formerly Deering Preserve)
- Antrim - McCabe Forest
- Wilton - VonFelsinger Forest
- New Ipswich - Nottingham Property
- Walpole - High Blue
- Stoddard - Thurston V. Williams Family Forest
- Surry - French-Harris Memorial Forest
- Chesterfield - Madame Sherri Forest
- Roxbury - Taves Reservation
- Washington - Farnsworth Hill Forest
- Pittsburg - Brundage Forest