Seasonal Tree Farm Help, Ages 16+ - Bethlehem, NH
The Society for the Protection of New Hampshire Forests (Forest Society) is seeking a Tree Farm Helper for its Christmas Tree Farm at The Rocks in Bethlehem, NH. This part-time, seasonal position provides support for The Rocks and its programs as well as other local Forest Society reservations. Work is primarily outdoors and includes tree cultivation, property maintenance, as well as some basic visitor outreach.
If interested, email a resume, cover letter and references to Sarah Alsamaraee, Forestry & Stewardship Administrative Coordinator at email@example.com.
The Forest Society is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
No phone calls please.
TREE FARM HELP, AGES 16+
Reports to: Christmas Tree Farm Manager
Salary Range: $13 - $15 per hour
This position is Non-Exempt, Part-Time, Seasonal
The position assists the Christmas Tree Farm Manager with Christmas tree planting, cultivation and sales. The position also does general property maintenance of the buildings and grounds at the Rocks, Bretzfelder Park and some other Forest Society properties in the North Country. Typical summer work hours are 7am through 1pm. Opportunities remain for employment during Christmas Tree sales season from November through Christmas weekends.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Painting and minor repairs to buildings using hand tools
- Provide set up and take down assistance for events
- Landscaping, mowing and trimming
- Grounds equipment and tool maintenance
Christmas Tree Culture and Sales
- Planting, shearing and basal pruning using hand tools
- General cultural techniques including but not limited to: weed removal, witches broom removal, and cone removal using hand tools
- Harvesting and selling using hand tools
- Stocking of wreaths
- Loading trees on trailers for wholesale customers
- Directing parking during peak visitation
This position helps achieve the production of quality Christmas trees for the Forest Society, and ensures a positive experience for Christmas tree buying guests. The position also helps maintain an aesthetically pleasing and safe property for visitors to enjoy.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Willingness to work outside in all weather conditions
- Reliable transportation
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to use hand tools preferred but we will provide training for enthusiastic candidates.
Up to 30 hours per week during the school year
Up to 40 hours per week during school summer vacation (June 1 - Labor Day}
Outside work in all weather conditions including working in extreme heat, extreme cold, and dealing with sun, precipitation and insects
- Ability to work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions
- Ability to use hand tools and to perform physically demanding tasks
- Ability to use lawn mowers and trimmers
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
The Forest Society is an equity-based employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or and other protected status as required by applicable law.