Celebrate the Holidays at The Rocks Estate... Sustainably harvested Christmas trees, dog sled rides, crafts and more
Celebrate the Holiday Season at The Rocks Estate in Bethlehem, NH
Sustainably harvested Christmas trees, dog sled rides, crafts and more
The Rocks Estate is the best place to fully experience the spirit of the holiday season. Owned and managed by the Society for the Protection of New Hampshire Forests, The Rocks offers time-tested favorite activities like guided horse-drawn wagon rides along with a new marketplace featuring the distinctive products of more than 40 New Hampshire artisans. The marketplace will be offered in addition to The Rocks Estate’s vast selection of beautiful Christmas trees, garlands, ornaments, and holiday gifts.
The Rocks will be open for holiday business daily from Saturday, Nov. 21 through Sunday, Dec. 20 from 10 am to 4:30 pm.
“Each year we try to bring something new to Christmas at The Rocks Estate while holding onto the traditions that people expect when they come to experience the season at the farm,” said Nigel Manley, long-time manager at The Rocks.
The marketplace will feature North Country classics like mixes from Polly’s Pancake Parlor and Fuller’s Sugarhouse maple products, as well as titles from Mike Dickerman’s Bondcliff Books and pottery by Joan Hannah. Other offerings include New Hampshire Kettle Korn, goodies from The Mill Fudge Factory, organic bath products, allergy-free baking mixes, and many other unique handmade gifts.
Holiday Events at the Rocks Estate
- For the first time, dog sled rides will be offered by Muddy Paw Sled Dog Kennel from Jefferson NH at The Rocks Estate on November 21, 27, 28, 29, and on December 5, 6, 12, 13, and 20. Rides will be given in the main Christmas tree field. Advance reservations required; call 603-444-6228 after October 1st.
- The Rocks Estate’s own selection of sustainably harvested Christmas trees, wreaths, and garlands, plus ornaments and holiday gifts will be on sale from Saturday, Nov. 21 through Sunday, Dec. 20 from 10 am to 4:30 pm.
- The Rocks Estate will also feature a new marketplace showcasing more than 40 local artisans from Saturday, Nov. 21 through Sunday, Dec. 20 from 10 am to 4:30 pm.
- Visitors can enjoy a guided horse-drawn ride through the Rocks Estate with each tree purchased on Nov. 21, 27, 28, and 29, and on Dec.5, 6, 12, 13, and 19. Advance reservations required; call 603-444-6228.
- Back for his second year, Green Father Christmas will give tree seedlings to visiting children. Green Father Christmas will be at The Rocks from 10 am to 3 pm on Saturday, Nov. 21 and 28, and Dec. 5, 12, and 19. Complimentary family photographs with Father Christmas will be provided again by the Pine Needle Card Company.
- On Sunday, Nov. 22, The Rocks Estate will partner with the Above the Notch Humane Society to raise funds for that organization. Pets and their people may have their photos taken with Green Father Christmas on that day.
Owned by the Society for the Protection of New Hampshire Forests, the landmark 1,400-acre Rocks Estate includes numerous buildings listed on the National Register of Historic Places, extensive walking paths, and 45 acres planted with Christmas trees. The Rocks sells 6,500 Christmas trees and 2,500 wreaths each year through mail order and on-site sales and participates in such programs as Trees for Troops, helping to provide Christmas trees to American soldiers throughout the country and the world.
For more information, visit www.therocks.org.