Current Land Protection Projects
Current land protection projects that need your support are listed to the left, above
Each year, the Forest Society works in partnership with landowners, neighbors, donors, grantmaking organizations, partner land trusts, conservation commissions and local and state governments to identify and conserve strategic additions to our network of permanently protected forests, lands and waters.
Bringing new land into our care and stewardship involves a process of assessment and negotiation of a purchase or donation, determination of whether the mechanism will be a full fee acquisition by the Forest Society or a conservation easement, a fundraising period to secure support both near-term costs and long-term stewardship and legal defense, and finally, the transfer of title and implementation of a management plan.
We're excited to share the news about recent land protection projects:
- Tuckaway Farm, Lee
- Moose Mountains Reservation Expansion, Brookfield & Middleton
- Ammonoosuc River Forest, Bethlehem
- Clay Brook Forest, Hampton Falls - Fundraising campaign was a success! Soon to be completed - stay tuned!
- Morrill Farm- Fundraising campaign was a success! Soon to be completed - stay tuned!
- Weeks Woods: Rene and Elizabeth Gilbert Tract, Gilford