NH Low-Grade Timber & Wood Emerging Market Commission Holds First Meeting
October 21, 2022
The New Hampshire Low-Grade Timber and Wood Emerging Market Commission held its organizational meeting on October 26. House Bill 1005, approved by the New Hampshire Legislature, established this commission with the aim of finding new markets for the low-grade wood harvested in New Hampshire. The Forest Society supported this bill.
Members of this commission are:
- Robert Harb - NH House Of Representatives
- Suzanne Smith - NH House of Representatives
- Patrick Hackley - NH Division of Forests & Lands
- Andrew Fast - UNH Cooperative Extension
- Joseph Carrier - HHP Inc.
- Michael O'Leary - Bridgewater Power Company
- Linda Brownson – Governor appointee-private forestland owner
- Juliet Harvey-Bolia - NH House of Representatives
- Ruth Ward - NH Senate
- David Shulock - General Counsel for the Department of Energy
- Malcolm Milne - Durgin & Crowell Lumber Co. Inc.
- Pete Howland - GSD-SAF
- Michael Sharp - Michael Sharp Enterprises
- Gene Harrington – Governor appointee-Biotechnology Innovation organization
The Commission will meet next on December 14 at 10:00 at the New Hampshire Department of Natural and Cultural Resources headquarters.