5 Hikes Challenge
A "Hike-it-Yourself" Autumn Adventure: August 31- October 31, 2021
Hit the trail with your family, friends, or on your own for a do-it-yourself hiking experience. Hike just one or a collection of five trails located on Forest Society reservations!
Registered participants receive a colorful Forest Society buff, trail maps with directions, and hiking tips. Registration fees support the continued stewardship of these beautiful spaces.
READY, GET SET...
- Register for the 2021 Five Hikes Challenge below.
- Choose up to 5 of the 20+ suggested hiking destinations at our Forest Society Reservations. Need help deciding which to choose? See our How to Choose Your Five Hikes Page for more details and descriptions, including difficulty and length.
- Fee of $8/hike for nonmembers to receive buff and hike guides; Forest Society members participate free. (Not sure if you are a member or want to join? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we can help! Or, you can renew or purchase a membership online and then come back to this page and choose the free member rate. Your "cart" will allow you to complete both transactions at one time during checkout.")
- Receive a limited-edition Forest Society buff* and your chosen paper map guides in the mail. (Planning to do more than five? Email email@example.com and we'll send registered 5-hikers digital copies of the additional map guides.) *Buffs are not a replacement for a medical-grade mask. Please recreate responsibly.*
- *NEW FOR 2021!* Download the Forest Society Mobile App, powered by OuterSpatial, to access digital maps and track your progress on the challenge if you’d like. With the app, you can check-in at each destination and post photos from the trail! The app includes offline mapping and navigation — and access continues even without a cell phone signal. Once you're registered, we'll send you a link to the challenge inside the app.
- Plan your hikes on your own schedule starting August 31. Recreate responsibly and hike safe by packing the 10 essentials and following the hiker's code of responsibility.
- Share your adventures. Tag us on Facebook (@ForestSociety) and Instagram (@ForestSociety) with #5HikesChallenge as you hit the trail. This year, we'll be using the honor system to track your progress- you don't need to email your selfie photos (although we'd love to see and share!). Everyone will receive a sticker after the challenge ends on October 31. You can also use the Forest Society Mobile App, powered by OuterSpatial, to track your progress and post updates from the trail. (We always encourage you to bring your paper map and compass in addition to a smartphone when recreating outdoors.)
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org