2019 Photo Contest
All volunteers, members and friends of the Forest Society are encouraged to enter! Staff and their immediate families are not eligible. Photos taken on any device are fine -- cell phones, tablets, SLR cameras, whatever. Just make sure your photo files are 1 MB or larger so they'll reproduce well. This is a fun way to celebrate land conservation in New Hampshire, so don't be shy -- enter a few photos and who knows, you just might win!
Lovely Landscapes – your best shot highlighting the forest, fields, waters and mountains you find on any of our reservations or conservation easement properties.
Having Fun Outdoors -- people enjoying one of our reservations or conservation easement properties.
Flora and Fauna – wildlife, plants or other beautiful natural resources you encounter on our reservations or conservation easement properties.
Dog Heaven – dogs having their day on one of our reservations or conservation easement properties.
Young Shutterbugs – photos of any subject taken on our reservations or conservation easement properties by anyone under age 18.
The contest will be judged by a panel of Forest Society staff members based on both image quality and engaging subject matter. Prizes will be announced in spring 2019. Please check back for more details.
1. Each photographer may enter up to five photos.
2. Photos must be taken on one of the Forest Society’s 185 forest reservations or on land conserved through an easement with the Forest Society. See our Reservations Guide to find destinations and directions to a reservation near you.
3. Photos must be high-resolution originals at least 1 MB, but not more than 10 MB.
4. By participating in the contest, the entrant certifies that his/her entry is original and does not contain any material that would violate or infringe upon the rights of any third party, including copyrights, trademarks or rights or privacy or publicity.
5. By participating in the contest, the entrant gives permission for submissions to be published in Forest Notes magazine and used in other Forest Society communications materials.
How to enter
Attach your photo(s) as a jpeg file and email to email@example.com. Put Photo Contest in the subject line. Each entry must include:
- The name of the Forest Society reservation or property where the photo was taken
- Photographer’s name and mailing address. Entrants in the Young Shutterbugs category must include your age and the name of your school.
- A brief description of the subject. If there’s a story to tell, we’d love to hear it!
Deadline for submissions is October 31, 2019. Thank you for helping us celebrate Forest Society reservations and easements!