Time for an iPhone or iPad update? Donate your old iPhone or iPad to help volunteers monitor conservation land!
Donate your old iPhone or iPad!
Ever feel like your old functioning iPhone or iPad should get more life than just sitting in a drawer after you've updated to the latest model? Your old device can be used by Forest Society volunteers to aid them in navigating our conserved lands and aid in their stewarding.
Before you donate:
We ask that all smart phones and tablets are wiped clean of all personal data or information prior to donating the device. This is a simple process that you can do with just your phone or by plugging in your phone to the computer through iTunes. See steps below:
Get your device ready:
Back-up any data you want to keep (photos, music, etc.) to your computer
Turn off “Find My iPhone” (Go to Settings > iCloud. Turn off Find My iPhone)
From your phone:
1. Tap Settings, then General. Scroll down until you see Reset.
2. Tap Erase All Content and Settings.
3. Now you will have to enter your Apple ID password.
4. The reset process can take a minute or two, after which you'll see the welcome screen (shown below).
5. You can turn off or lock your device.
From your computer and iTunes:
- Open iTunes on your Mac or PC.
- Connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to your computer with the cable that came with your device.
- If a message asks for your device passcode or to Trust This Computer, follow the onscreen steps.
- Select your iPhone when it appears in iTunes.
- In the Summary panel, click Restore iPhone
6. Click Restore again to confirm. Then iTunes erases your device and installs the latest iOS or iPod software.
7. After your device restores to factory settings, it restarts with no data or settings stored. Your device will show the welcome screen.
8. You can turn off or lock your device.
Need more help reseting your iPhone or iPad? See Apple's Support:
Now that you have restored your phone all information and private data has been removed.
Get your restored iPhone to the Forest Society!
You can drop off the phone in person at the office in Concord in an envelope with "Attn: Jenn Seredejko, iPhone Donation"
Mail your phone in a padded envelope or small packed box to:
Jenn Seredejko, SPNHF
54 Portsmouth St.
Concord, NH 03301
THANK YOU! Your old phone is now ready begin a new life assisting Forest Society Volunteers in the field!