Who can hold conservation easements?

According to New Hampshire state law, conservation easements can be held by a qualified non-profit conservation organizations or public agencies and municipalities able to ensure that the property is protected in perpetuity.  Private groups such as the Forest Society, the NH Audubon Society, The Nature Conservancy, and local land trusts are equipped to receive and enforce conservation easements. Public agencies such as town conservation commissions, county conservation districts, the NH Department of Fish and Game and the NH Division of Forests and Lands also hold conservation easements.